Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blogging, Facebook, and Twitter

Over the past few days I've been learning how to use all 3, blogging, facebook, and twitter. Overall, I have to say I like facebook the best. This may be a tad biased though because it's the only one that's not completely new to me. But what I like about facebook is how easy it is to set up your page, friends, and even find other friends. I've found it more difficult to do this with blogging, twitter, and even the wikispace I'm working on. With facebook you search for people's actually names instead of domain names like with some other social medias. Also, tweeting and blogging seem to be just about the same thing to me. They seem to be used more frequently than facebook. I noticed people may blog or tweet several times a day. But with facebook, it seems more limited. Not too many people have multiple statuses a day like with twitter. As for my organization, International Pharmaceutical Federation, I was able to find a page on facebook but not on twitter. Not exactly sure why they don't have a twitter account, maybe twitter isn't too popular in the Netherlands lol (where they're founded and based out of). But I am starting to realize that these types of online social medias can play a big part of our futures, even dealing with jobs we may apply for. But if you do get worried your facebook page could potentially ruin your career if viewed by your boss, all you have to do is change the settings so it's private and only your friends can view your page and comments. It may seem  somewhat unrealistic, but the way our society is developing technologically, it's not completely out of the question.

International Pharmaceutical Federation

2 comments:

  1. Very true about Facebook being the easiest. It may be a little biased because we have been using Facebook for years now as opposed to twitter and blogging, but no question it is easier to find people and customize settings. Facebook also has more things to do, like chat with your friends. It seemed to take over the whole AIM by just adding the chat onto Facebook. It might seem that you are biased, but in reality I don't think that we are in saying Facebook is the favorite sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely that Facebook was the best for me to use as well, not only because we are so used to it but its easy to find everything and comments actually show up right under a post, unlike Twitter which only shows the @ symbol in the new tweet. Facebook is definitely easier to find friends too because you do search for their name rather than an email or user name.

    ReplyDelete